Episode 14. How to Market Your Evergreen Product (+ Which Platforms You Should Be On!)
Wouldn’t you love to create a marketing strategy that sells your product on autopilot and amplifies your impact in a BIG way? It’s not as far-fetched as you might think! You can market a product that sells itself, all the while building a snowball effect without having to burn yourself out on social media every day or reinventing the wheel every time you want to make a sale. The universe doesn’t magically take your creation and put it in front of the right people with the wave of a wand – don’t worry, that’s how I thought it would work at first, too. 😆 I’m going to share my two-path process, organic and paid marketing approaches, how to build proof of concept, and the content you should be creating to not only find your ideal clients, but get them to click that ‘buy’ button.
In this episode, you’ll hear…
- 04:41 – Adjusting your expectations about how long it takes to gain traction
- 05:43 – Where to go next after marketing to your immediate network
- 07:21 – All about organic marketing
- 10:15 – Should you build a free product to bridge the gap or not?
- 20:14 – Creating content that attracts your ideal customer
- 25:02 – Using a marketing system that works, instead of just doing what everyone else is doing
- 28:16 – When to start running paid ads – hint: it’s probably not as soon as you think
How do you create organic marketing campaigns that sell your product?
Let’s get this out of the way: organic marketing is hard. That doesn’t mean it’s impossible, but there’s a LOT of competition out there. So, first and foremost, you have to be patient. You also have to be consistent, showing up every day with valuable content that’s going to teach people to trust you. And when you share that content, you want the next logical step for people who are interested in it to be buying your product.
How to create consistent content that attracts your ideal customers
There are so many options for content creation out there, but my hope is that you go with one of the big three: blog post, podcast, or YouTube. The great thing about these is that you can create one piece of pillar content and use it as the basis for the other two. For instance, you can create a podcast and then write a blog post based on that podcast with the episode embedded. You can record a video of yourself doing the podcast, or just post the audio along with slides. (You do need to make sure that you are optimizing the content for the individual platforms they are going on).
Whatever you do, commit to six months of consistency before you decide whether or not it’s something that’s going to gain traction for you. Most people will quit before they give something enough time to see results, and you don’t want that to be the case for you.
Building a simple marketing system that works for you
Now that we have all the pieces, it’s time to start putting it all together. Find your ideal customers, create content for them on one of the big three platforms, add a call to action at the end to your next logical step, and reach out to your email list every time a new piece of content comes out. Once you get things going, it really is that simple. Even though it’s simple, it does take time to nurture those leads, so don’t give up. And don’t even worry about ads until you’ve proven the success of your organic marketing. Ads will only amplify what you’ve built, but they will not fix a broken funnel.
If this podcast episode got you revved up to rock the organic marketing for your digital product, but you want to get even more clarity on your organic marketing strategy to amplify your program and product, join my “From Startup to Soldout” masterclass series on Nov 3-5 to go even deeper. Registration is closing SOON on November 2nd at 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern, so sign up today before ticket sales end.
Listen to On Your Terms on your favorite podcast platform
Listen to the show on your favorite podcast player and be sure to follow, and leave a review to help introduce the show to more online business owners just like you!
Resources Discussed in This Episode
- Get your ticket to Sam’s live “From Startup to Soldout” masterclass series Nov 3-5 here: www.samvanderwielen.com/fsso-oyt
- Listen to Episode 12. How to Find Clients for Your Online Business (without ads!) here: samvanderwielen.com/episode-12
- Listen to Episode 13. How to Create a Program That Sells Itself here: samvanderwielen.com/episode-13
If you’re ready to legally protect and grow your online business today, save your seat in my free workshop so you can learn how to take the simple legal steps to protect the business you’ve worked so hard to build. Click here to watch the free workshop so you can get legally legit right now!
- Read Sam’s Blog for the latest legal tips, podcast episodes & behind the scenes of building her seven-figure business.
- Listen to our customer stories to see how getting legally legit has helped 1,000s of entrepreneurs grow their own businesses.
- Join the Free Legal Workshop
- Follow Sam on Instagram for legal tips, business-building advice & daily food + Hudson pics
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow my podcast, On Your Terms, on Instagram so you catch all our episodes
- Subscribe and follow on all podcast platforms and activate notifications for new episodes
- Kajabi // use Kajabi to sell your course, program, or even build your entire website. Get a 30-day free trial with my link.
- SamCart // what I use for my checkout pages and payment processing and LOVE. And no, not because it’s my name.
- ConvertKit // what I use to build my email list, send emails to my list, and create opt-in forms & pages.
DISCLAIMER: Although Sam is an attorney she doesn’t practice law and can’t give you legal advice. All episodes of On Your Terms are educational and informational only. The information discussed here isn’t legal advice and isn’t intended to be. The info you hear here isn’t a substitute for seeking legal advice from your own attorney.
On Your Terms is a production of Crate Media.