Episode 23. 2021 Recap: What It’s Really Been Like to Grow a 7-Figure Business This Year
It’s the end of the year, which often brings a time of planning and reflection. While we previously discussed how to plan out your business year, I wanted to spend this episode doing some personal reflecting on what 2021 has looked like for me.
Tune in to hear me discuss, openly and honestly, what’s been going on behind the scenes for me – both personally and professionally – and get a breakdown of the lessons I learned along the way.
We go from multi-six figure launches to firing a Facebook ads team and touch on everything in between in this in-depth look into how I apply my planning systems to my own work and life. I’m really transparent with you in this episode!
I also want to shout out Chelsea (@gut.hormone.nutritionist), who left an amazing review, saying: “Sam’s podcast has helped me connect more dots about becoming legally legit as well as giving me tips on how to create a profitable business. I’m glad I stumbled upon her.”
If you’d like to get a shout out on future episodes, just leave a review and make sure to drop your Instagram handle!
In this episode, you’ll hear…
- 02:43 – How I approached 2021 differently and the change I experienced once I did
- 05:26 – Focusing on personal healing and approaching my father’s health
- 13:50 – Running my first six-figure promotion while treating my dad from home
- 17:49 – Being intentional about how much you work
- 23:24 – Launching On Your Terms podcast
- 30:13 – Operating my business while being sick and moving
- 36:43 – Firing my Facebook ads team and learning to rely on ads less
- 46:58 – Hosting a masterclass series
- 49:34 – What I’m doing now
- 52:24 – My lessons for the year
Lead generation should always be a focus in your business
In between promotions and live launches, lead generation should be your primary goal. Plain and simple. As you’re planning out your 2022, you need to clarify: What is your consistent lead generation strategy? How are you getting people on your email list? How are you warming them up to take the next step and work with you? Keep this in mind throughout the year and you will see constant growth in your business.
Support is crucial as you grow your business
Running a business can be lonely, especially as a small business owner or solopreneur. You’re going to need a strong support network of friends, family, mentors, and paid staff to get things off your plate and get you over the next hump. Even as a “solo” businessperson, we can’t do it all. Surround yourself with people who support you and what you’re trying to do. Getting people into your corner who cheer you on is super important.
Growth is possible beyond your wildest dreams – if you plan for it!
I don’t believe in manifestation. You can’t sit around and wish your way into a million dollar business – it just isn’t going to happen. You have to plan to make a million dollars, and it has to all make sense and add up. Your clients, your products, your events and launches all have to point to a million dollars before you’re ever going to see it in your business. So dream big, plan big, and make it happen.
2021 has been a wild year, probably for all of us. I’m looking forward to seeing what 2022 is going to bring, and implementing the lessons I have learned to grow my business even more. I hope you come along on the ride with me.
Listen to On Your Terms on your favorite podcast platform
Listen to the show on your favorite podcast player and be sure to follow, and leave a review to help introduce the show to more online business owners just like you!
Resources Discussed in This Episode
- Louise Henry’s “Uplevel with Asana” course – https://samvanderwielen.krtra.com/t/QwGmfvsPA2Xc (get $100 off!)
- Episode 22. How to Plan Your Business Year (free guide!)
If you’re ready to legally protect and grow your online business today, save your seat in my free workshop so you can learn how to take the simple legal steps to protect the business you’ve worked so hard to build. Click here to watch the free workshop so you can get legally legit right now!
- Read Sam’s Blog for the latest legal tips, podcast episodes & behind the scenes of building her seven-figure business.
- Listen to our customer stories to see how getting legally legit has helped 1,000s of entrepreneurs grow their own businesses.
- Join the Free Legal Workshop
- Follow Sam on Instagram for legal tips, business-building advice & daily food + Hudson pics
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow my podcast, On Your Terms, on Instagram so you catch all our episodes
- Subscribe and follow on all podcast platforms and activate notifications for new episodes
- Kajabi // use Kajabi to sell your course, program, or even build your entire website. Get a 30-day free trial with my link.
- SamCart // what I use for my checkout pages and payment processing and LOVE. And no, not because it’s my name.
- ConvertKit // what I use to build my email list, send emails to my list, and create opt-in forms & pages.
DISCLAIMER: Although Sam is an attorney she doesn’t practice law and can’t give you legal advice. All episodes of On Your Terms are educational and informational only. The information discussed here isn’t legal advice and isn’t intended to be. The info you hear here isn’t a substitute for seeking legal advice from your own attorney.
AFFILIATE LINKS: Some of the links we share here may be affiliate links, which means we may make a small financial reward for referring you, without any cost difference to you. You’re not obligated to use these links, but it does help us to share resources. Thank you for supporting our business!
On Your Terms is a production of Crate Media.