Personal Assistant/Executive Assistant
Who you are
Are you a current or aspiring Personal/Executive Assistant looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to showcase your skills and advance your career?
If you are creative, highly-motivated problem-solver and miracle worker with excellent organization and time management skills able to thrive in a fast paced environment, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a versatile and highly-organized personal/executive assistant to perform personalized administrative duties for senior management. In this role, you will be responsible for scheduling meetings, taking notes, and handling correspondence on behalf of the CEO and Managers. You may also be required to make travel arrangements, order gifts and/or equipment, and assist with other duties when required.
You have excellent organizational skills and demonstrable experience in a secretarial role. You are intuitive to the needs of the managers and work autonomously to provide customized administrative support. You enjoy bringing together all the pieces to help keep the business running smoothly on a daily basis.
Who you’ll work with
The Personal/Executive Assistant is a part-time contractor role, starting at 40 hours per month, with the opportunity to grow the role and hours based on how your first 90 day contract progresses. You’ll report directly to our CEO and Marketing Manager, and collaborate consistently with our Marketing, Customer Support, and Technical teams. At this time, we are only accepting applications from candidates based in and eligible to work within the United States.
You will work remotely, and should be experienced doing so, possessing a quiet workspace that includes a reliable internet connection, cell phone, and computer. You should be available during 9am-5pm EST Mon-Fri for your duties as assigned (see the job profile for details). Occasional travel to our headquarters in Long Island will be required (typically not more frequently than once per quarter), so a location in the NYC or Philadelphia metro areas is helpful but not required. A location in EST is also helpful, if you are not in the NYC/PHILA metro area.
Who we are
Sam Vander Wielen LLC exists to help online coaches, consultants and service-providers get paid, work with clients online, and protect their content with simple legal trainings and DIY legal templates — like contracts and website policies — that are easy to use, fun, and cozy.
Sam Vander Wielen created this business to empower women with the contracts, website policies, and legal and business training they need to run their own legally legit business.
Sam Vander Wielen LLC was established in 2017 by Sam Vander Wielen. Sam was a corporate attorney from 2012-2016 in Philadelphia, PA. Sam left the law to become a health coach and start her own health coaching business, before shutting that down and starting Sam Vander Wielen LLC — the business you see today — in early 2017.
Sam Vander Wielen LLC is a space where diversity, equality, and accessibility are top priorities
At Sam Vander Wielen LLC, we strive to help all current or future online entrepreneurs learn how to legally start, protect, and grow their own businesses. The drive to help all online entrepreneurs speaks to 2 of our core values within the company: access and inclusivity. We prioritize access and inclusiveness by providing in-depth, valuable content, ensuring we have a welcoming and helpful team, and listening to our customers’ needs.
Personal/Executive Assistant job profile
The Personal/Executive Assistant is an administrative professional specialized in providing personalized secretarial and administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner.
Personal/Executive Assistant job description
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and creative Personal/Executive Assistant to join our team and provide personalized secretarial and administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner to senior management. You will work on a one-to-one basis on a variety of tasks related to the CEO’s working life and communication.
Personal/Executive Assistant duties and responsibilities
- Act as the point of contact between the manager and internal/external clients, PR scheduling, photographers, and any other meeting requests. You are the guardian of the CEO’s calendar.
- Extensively manage emails including checking incoming/outgoing emails, labelling all emails requiring immediate response, archiving emails, maintaining “inbox zero” for CEO’s inbox, and following up as necessary
- Respond accurately to internal and external information requests
- Schedule and coordinate appointments and meetings for CEO
- Organize travel arrangements, booking flights, accommodation, trains and taxis
- Take dictation and minutes at important meetings and task out assignments in Asana following the meetings
- Create and reformat effective presentations and documentation
- Coordinate purchasing, and scheduling personal appointments for the CEO
- Source office supplies, client/colleague gifts, and software as needed
- Prepare reports and documentation for meetings and appointments
- Devise and maintain office digital filing system
- Assist with other ad-hoc administrative and project requirements as needed
- Occasionally travel to CEO or headquarters for photo shoots, retreats, or other events as required to make sure things run smoothly
Personal/Executive Assistant requirements and qualifications
- 3 years of experience as a Personal/Executive Assistant or equivalent role
- In-depth knowledge of office management systems and procedures, including Google Drive, Slack, Asana (Or ClickUp, Monday, or other project management software), Gmail, Google Docs/Sheets/Forms, Zoom, etc.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Proactive problem solver
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Location in NYC or Philadelphia metro is a benefit, location in EST is also helpful but not required
What’s exciting about this role
- Work with a light-hearted but seriously innovative group of women who are dedicated to making online business accessible for all entrepreneurs
- Enjoy the flexibility of working from your own office space without any long commutes
- Competitive hourly pay range of $25-35 per hour depending on experience
- Be a part of a rapidly-growing start up
- Be an industry disruptor and have access to new continuing education opportunities so you can keep leveling up your game
- Take root in a company that values people first and is proud to invest in our team’s growth
How to apply
Important: Follow the application instructions here to a T. Any applications that are not submitted following all of the instructions here will not be considered for a reply from our team.
- Read this entire job description — no really, read every line please. 😉
- Fill out the job application in full and submit it. Applications close on December 9th. Please note that we will begin interviewing candidates on a rolling basis so we recommend applying as soon as possible.