Social Media Coordinator
Who you are
You’re a master at all things social media. You love to take an overarching topic and turn it into fresh social posts – bringing ideas and suggestions to our marketing team about how to approach our social media. You’re not just on top of the trending sounds on TikTok and Instagram, but you’re also serving up ideas on how to create content that lasts the test of time (and brings in fresh leads consistently).
You’re warm and friendly, and that carries over to how you engage with people in our DMs when needed. If you don’t know the answer to what they’re looking for, you’ll go out and find it (‘cuz goodness knows we’ve created a piece of content somewhere that answers their questions.)
You’ve also got some graphic design skills worth sharing — because when someone hands you an outline of the content to go on a carousel IG post, you know how to take it from outline —> graphic in a way that pops for our audience.
Your ability to analyze customer behavior through social media metrics like engagement and reach is outstanding. Your content creation and scheduling skills are superb and your experience with Asana, Planoly and Canva is unrivaled. You know how to form a “Bonnie and Clyde” level partnership with a rockin’ Graphic Designer and create Instagram magic with the content that the two of you produce. You find social media fun, and love keeping up with the latest trends and tools the platforms are rolling out. You’re a self-starter who loves bringing new energy and fresh ideas to the team.
You see “team player” and read “collaborative partner.” As a direct report to the Marketing Manager, you’ll take full advantage of both being on a team, and having the autonomy you need & want to own the majority of social media ideation, creation, and execution. You see yourself not just as a contractor, but as a partner in the overall (and expansive!) growth of the company alongside the Marketing Manager.
You’re also passionate about startups, female entrepreneurship, and technology. You’re subscribed to the best Social Media blogs and newsletters to constantly stay up to date on what’s new in your field.
IMPORTANT: This role is ONLY a good fit for someone looking to embed themselves and expand their skill set within one or a handful of companies, rather than juggling a bunch of clients at once. If you’ve tried running your own agency or larger business and prefer the simpler pace of going deep with one or two clients rather than spreading yourself thin with loads of clients, this might be perfect for you.
Who you’ll work with
The Social Media Coordinator is a part-time contractor role, starting at 60 hours per month, with the opportunity to grow the role and hours based on how your first 90-day contract progresses. Sam Vander Wielen LLC would even consider converting this role to a full- or part-time employee, with the right person and experience.
You’ll report directly to our Marketing Manager, and collaborate consistently with our Graphic Designer, Customer Support, and Technical team members. At this time, we are only accepting applications from candidates eligible to work within the United States.
You will work remotely and should be experienced in doing so, possessing a quiet workspace that includes a reliable internet connection, cell phone, and computer. You should be available between the hours of 9am-5pm EST Mon-Fri for your duties as assigned (see the job profile for details), and should also be available for some engagement and light posting responsibilities on Saturdays and Sundays, as assigned.
You would be expected to attend a few marketing meetings per month (virtually, via Zoom).
Who we are
Sam Vander Wielen LLC exists to help online coaches, consultants, and service-providers get paid, work with clients online, and protect their content with simple legal training and DIY legal templates — like contracts and website policies — that are easy to use, fun, and cozy.
Sam Vander Wielen created this business to empower women with the contracts, website policies, and legal and business training they need to run their own legally legit business.
Sam Vander Wielen LLC was established in 2017 by Sam Vander Wielen. Sam was a corporate attorney from 2012-2016 in Philadelphia, PA. Sam left the law to become a health coach and start her own health coaching business, before shutting that down and starting Sam Vander Wielen LLC — the business you see today — in early 2017.
Sam Vander Wielen LLC is a space where diversity, equality, and accessibility are top priorities
At Sam Vander Wielen LLC, we strive to help all current or future online entrepreneurs learn how to legally start, protect, and grow their own businesses. The drive to help all online entrepreneurs speaks to 2 of our core values within the company: access and inclusivity. We prioritize access and inclusiveness by providing in-depth, valuable content, ensuring we have a welcoming and helpful team and listening to our customers’ needs.
Social Media Coordinator duties and responsibilities
- Co-develop, implement, and manage updates to our social media strategy and content calendar
- Track and Refine the most important social media KPIs related to Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, and Podcast
- Create high-caliber organic social media content to include graphics and short-form video in collaboration with our Graphic Designer, examples include Instagram Stories, Instagram Posts, Instagram Reels, Facebook Posts, YouTube Thumbnails, Pinterest Posts, TikToks and Podcast Audiograms.
- Manage and oversee social media content, including organic social media posting and scheduling Mon-Fri, and audience engagement (comments & DMs) Mon-Sun
- Measure the success of every social media campaign relative to company KPIs and report to Marketing Manager and CEO on trends
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
- Use social media marketing tools such as Later, VEED, Canva, etc.
- Work with marketing team and CEO to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Respond to company queries via Slack and email within 24 business hours.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Customer Service teams
- Monitor metrics & engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong collaboration network
- Provide constructive feedback when necessary
- Present new and unique campaign concepts to Marketing Manager and CEO
Social Media Coordinator requirements and qualifications
- 3 years of experience as a Social Media Coordinator or similar role
- Experience with social media strategy for brand awareness, impressions, and sales
- Excellent knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, and other social media best practices.
- Experience creating client content for all the surfaces of Instagram including reels, feed, and stories.
- Bonus: Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics as it relates to Pinterest and blogging
- Able to collaborate with Graphic Designer to request updated social media assets as needed, without waiting for direction from Senior Management.
- Good understanding of social media KPIs including:
- Organic reach
- Click through rate
- Engagement rate
- Watch duration/watch time
- Follower growth per network
- Impressions per post
- Impressions per week
- Familiarity with design tools including Canva or Photoshop and video editing software such as Veed, InShot, iMovie, etc
- Experience using Slack, Asana, Google Drive, and WordPress
- Available to attend 1-2 meetings on a weekly basis during the hours of 9am-5pm EST
- Available during the hours of 9am-5pm EST Mon-Fri for social media content creation, scheduling, posting, engaging, and occasionally replying to comments, also be available for some engagement and light posting responsibilities on Saturdays and Sundays, as assigned.
- Self-Starter who is comfortable working autonomously for long periods of time
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and welcoming environment for our customers and audience members.
- Have a quiet workspace that includes a reliable internet connection, cell phone, and computer
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
What’s exciting about this role
- Work with a light-hearted but seriously innovative group of women who are dedicated to making online business accessible for all entrepreneurs
- Enjoy the flexibility of working from your own office space without any long commutes
- Competitive hourly rate depending on experience
- Be an industry disruptor and have access to new continuing education opportunities so you can keep leveling up your game
- Be a part of a rapidly-growing start up
- Take root in a company that values people first and is proud to invest in our team’s growth
How to apply
Important: Follow the application instructions here to a T. Any applications that are not submitted following all of the instructions here will not be considered for a reply from our team.
Application Deadline: February 28th, 2023
- Read this entire job description — no really, read every line please. 😉
- Fill out the application here. (If you are having trouble opening or filling out the application, reach out to us at [email protected] before February 28th so we can assist.)
Questions? Email us at [email protected]