Social Media Specialist– Applications are closed
Who you are
Your ability to analyze customer behavior through social media metrics like engagement and reach is outstanding. Your content creation and scheduling skills are superb and your experience with Asana, Planoly and Canva is unrivaled. You know how to form a “Bonnie and Clyde” level partnership with a rockin’ Graphic Designer and create Instagram magic with the content that the two of you produce. You find social media fun, and love keeping up with the latest trends and tools the platforms are rolling out. You’re a self-starter who loves bringing new energy and fresh ideas to the team.
You’re also passionate about startups, female entrepreneurship, and technology. You’re subscribed to the best Social Media blogs and newsletters to constantly stay up to date on what’s new in your field.
This role is a good fit for someone looking to embed themselves and expand their skill set within one or a handful of companies, rather than juggling dozens of clients at once. If you’ve tried running your own agency or larger business and prefer the simpler pace of going deep with one or two clients rather than spreading yourself thin with loads of clients, this might be perfect for you.
Who you’ll work with
The Social Media Specialist is a part-time contractor role, starting at 40 hours per month, with opportunity to grow the role and hours based on how your first 90 day contract progresses. You’ll report directly to our Marketing Manager, and collaborate consistently with our Graphic Designer, Customer Support and Technical team members. At this time, we are only accepting applications from candidates based in and eligible to work within the United States.
You will work remotely, and should be experienced doing so, possessing a quiet workspace that includes a reliable internet connection, cell phone, and computer. You should be available during 9am-5pm EST Mon-Fri for your duties as assigned (see the job profile for details), and should also be available for some engagement and light posting responsibilities on Saturdays and Sundays, as assigned.
Who we are
Sam Vander Wielen LLC exists to help online coaches, consultants and service-providers get paid, work with clients online, and protect their content with simple legal trainings and DIY legal templates — like contracts and website policies — that are easy to use, fun, and cozy.
Sam Vander Wielen created this business to empower women with the contracts, website policies, and legal and business training they need to run their own legally legit business.
Sam Vander Wielen LLC was established in 2017 by Sam Vander Wielen. Sam was a corporate attorney from 2012-2016 in Philadelphia, PA. Sam left the law to become a health coach and start her own health coaching business, before shutting that down and starting Sam Vander Wielen LLC — the business you see today — in early 2017.
Sam Vander Wielen LLC is a space where diversity, equality, and accessibility are top priorities
At Sam Vander Wielen LLC, we strive to help all current or future online entrepreneurs learn how to legally start, protect, and grow their own businesses. The drive to help all online entrepreneurs speaks to 2 of our core values within the company: access and inclusivity. We prioritize access and inclusiveness by providing in-depth, valuable content, ensuring we have a welcoming and helpful team, and listening to our customers’ needs.
Social Media Specialist job profile
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for planning, implementing, managing and monitoring our company’s Social Media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts and ultimately increase sales.
Social Media Specialist job description
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and creative Social Media Specialist to join our team. As a Social Media Specialist you will be responsible for co-developing and implementing our Social Media strategy in order to increase our online presence and improve our marketing and sales efforts. You will be working within the Marketing team.
Social Media Specialist duties and responsibilities
- Co-develop, implement and manage updates to our social media strategy and content calendar
- Track and Refine the most important social media KPIs related to Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest and Podcast
- Create high-caliber organic social media content to include graphics and short form video in collaboration with our Graphic Designer, examples include Instagram Stories, Instagram Posts, Instagram Reels, Facebook Posts, YouTube Thumbnails.
- Manage and oversee social media content, including organic social media posting and scheduling Mon-Fri, and audience engagement Mon-Sun
- Reply to audience comments on all platforms within 24 business hours, including on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and Facebook Ads.
- Reply to all audience DMs within 24 business hours, including on Instagram and Facebook.
- Measure the success of every social media campaign relative to company KPIs and report to Marketing Manager and CEO on trends
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies
- Use social media marketing tools such as Planoly, Storrito, Later, etc
- Work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Respond to company queries via Slack and email within 24 business hours.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Customer Service teams
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong collaboration network
- Provide constructive feedback when necessary
- Present campaign concepts and calendars to Senior Management
Social Media Specialist requirements and qualifications
- 3 years of experience as a Social Media Specialist or similar role
- Social Media Strategist using social media for brand awareness, impressions, and sales
- Excellent knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and other social media best practices
- Experienced creating client content for all the surfaces of Instagram including Reels and Stories.
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics as it relates to Pinterest and blogging
- Able to collaborate with Graphic Designer to request updated social media assets as needed, without waiting for direction from Senior Management.
- Good understanding of social media KPIs including:
- Organic reach
- Click through rate
- Engagement rate
- Watch duration/watch time
- Follower growth per network
- Impressions per post
- Impressions per week
- Familiarity with design tools including Canva or Photoshop
- Experience using Slack, Asana (or ClickUp, Monday, or other project management software), Google Drive, and WordPress
- Available to attend 1-2 meetings on a weekly basis during 9am-5pm EST
- Available from 9am-5pm EST Mon-Fri for social media content creation, scheduling, posting, engaging, replying to comments,, also be available for some engagement and light posting responsibilities on Saturdays and Sundays, as assigned.
- Self-Starter who is comfortable working autonomously for long periods of time
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and welcoming environment for our customers and audience members.
- Have a quiet workspace that includes a reliable internet connection, cell phone, and computer
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
What’s exciting about this role
- Work with a light-hearted but seriously innovative group of women who are dedicated to making online business accessible for all entrepreneurs
- Enjoy the flexibility of working from your own office space without any long commutes
- Competitive hourly pay range of $30-$40 per hour depending on experience
- Be an industry disruptor and have access to new continuing education opportunities so you can keep levelling up your game
- Be a part of a rapidly-growing start up
- Take root in a company that values people first and is proud to invest in our team’s growth
How to apply
Applications are closed.