Sam’s favorite business tools and programs (& free trials!) for you to use to help run your business.
Hi friend! Here are some of the best resources, programs and business-building tools I use in my own business and love. Some of the links included here may be referral links (I’ll mark them with an *), which means I may receive a small fee or discounted rate for referring you. It doesn’t cost you any more than usual though ; ) Thanks for supporting my small business!
Courses + Programs:
- Asana / Business Productivity / Organization — hands down, this was the most impactful “course” I’ve ever taken. Louise Henry’s ‘Uplevel with Asana’ course (limited time $100 off w/ my affiliate link) helped get my entire business (and daily to-do’s) on track so I could grow up + past multiple 6-figures in my business. It also allowed me to easily onboard a team, when the time came. HIGHLY recommend. (If anything, the cost of Louise’s course is worth the price alone JUST for the Asana templates she gives you.)
- Management Foundations // In this 10-week program, remote managers will learn to confidently walk the line between tactical goal-driven management, and compassionate, values-based leadership.
- Set to Scale // Proper people operations is a reality of running a successful online business. Neglecting it could leave you financially liable for errors, or even susceptible to lawsuits that could have been prevented with the right strategy. This first of it’s. kind membership supports all your People Operations and Organizational Management needs as an online business owner. Kira and her team at Paradigm consulting will support you in the journey from your 1st hire to your 50th.
- Social Posts That Sell // in this course, copywriter and funnel strategist, Christine Blubaugh, teaches you how to write highly converting social posts that sell your offers and services on social media. I took it and loved it!
- YouTube for Bosses // A YouTube channel building program that teaches you everything from setup, to the right equipment to have, to script writing and how to market and promote your YouTube videos. Sunny (the owner of YT 4 Bosses) is INCREDIBLE and such an inspiration. I think you’ll really like how she carries herself and runs her business.
- Asana* // Where I keep my brain, and my team’s tasks. It’s the first thing I check every morning and the last thing I see each day. Get a free 30-day trial of Asana here!
- Airtable* // Airtable is where I’m writing and organizing my social media content calendar and social posts. It’s a really cool way to organize and write your posts, graphics, reels and stories!
- Kajabi* // where you can host courses, build your website, process payments + SO much more! Get a free 30-day trial (2x/more than what they offer on their website!) right here.
- HelloSign* // Send and sign your legally legit contracts with HelloSign! You get 1 free contract to send/sign using my link.
- HelloFax* // free digital faxing, brought to you by the same people at HelloSign. You can use my link to get free fax pages of your own.
- ConvertKit* // (<– free trial!) This is what I use for email list building, email marketing (sending you weekly emails), email funnels and landing pages/forms. Try ConvertKit’s free plan here!
- Dubsado // Use coupon code samvw for 20% off. A client management portal where you can send/e-sign contracts, store client docs, create and send client questionnaires, and book appointments.
- Planoly* // The tool I use to write and schedule my Instagram posts. You can schedule them to auto-post or do what I do and have reminders pop up telling me it’s time to post (so I can go in and engage).
- Teachable // where I built and housed the Ultimate Bundle program originally. You can build courses, membership programs or online products.
- Deadline Funnel* // the countdown timer software I use to create urgency and remind people of the time left to purchase. This tool is INCREDIBLE to create urgency in evergreen campaigns/promos.
- EasyWebinar* // how I recorded and host my evergreen workshop. Use EasyWebinar to share your live or recorded webinars/workshops with your audience.
- Vimeo // it’s better to use Vimeo over YouTube if you need to embed/share videos within your courses and programs because Vimeo gives you more control over the watch settings (for example, disabling “sharing” the video, so your students can’t share a paid video with an unpaid friend).
- SamCart* // What I use for all of my checkout pages and to automatically send my Dunning (failed payment) emails. They have abandon cart function, Dunning emails, and recurring payment recovery. I’m OBSESSED! Get a free 14-day trial here or learn more about SamCart here.
- Screenflow* // Allows you to record your screen, webcam, and audio on three separate tracks. This is super handy for editing a well-polished video to post on social media/YouTube. (Note: Screenflow is a Telestream product)
- SiteGround* // purchase your URLs (domain names) and website hosting services from Siteground. I’ve used them for 5 years and have been SO happy with the amount of support and incredible website service.
- Rev* (<– $10 credit!) // I upload my videos to Rev to order closed captions (make sure you have CC on all your course & program videos + webinars!) and written transcripts.
- The Mic I use to record podcast episodes and do any interviews/videos (the ATR2100x-USB)
- This pop-guard/windscreen helps to filter out wind noise and vocal pops (all for under $5!)
- The headphones I use to record my podcast episodes (plugs into the mic above)
- $14 mini clip on ring light to use with your phone, laptop or computer
- Webcam you can clip onto your computer if you need a better camera 🙂
- Fancy camera and lens for making professional looking videos
- Good, sturdy tripod for when your arm isn’t long enough 😉
- American Express* // this is the only business CC I have and I love it. Apply for an American Express Card with this link. We can both get rewarded if you’re approved!
- Quickbooks* // bookkeeping software. Organize and track your business expenses and income with this easy to use tool. Get 50% off with my link.
- Betterment* // This is what I used to setup a retirement account for myself and my business. You can setup a 401k, SEP IRA, etc. You can also setup regular savings accounts and more. My link gives you free management of up to $5,000.
- ADP* // What I use to process payroll (pay myself, contractors and/or employees). This is how I get my paycheck!
Facebook Ads Resources:
- Elevate Your Ads Course: https://elevatehermarketing.com/elevate-your-facebook-ads-course/
- Thriving After the iOS Privacy Update (Mini-Course): https://elevatehermarketing.com/thriving-after-the-ios-privacy-update/
- Plan Before You Pay Cheatsheet (Freebie): https://elevatehermarketing.com/facebook-ad-planning-cheat-sheet/
- To Book a Call with Elevate Her Marketing (my ads team): https://elevatehermarketing.com/letschat/
- Girls’ Night In (free) newsletter // I look forward to each Friday when I know a new issue of Girls’ Night In’s newsletter will land in my inbox. Created for the woman who loves a cozy night at home, good books, candles and everything in between, I highly recommend reading this free newsletter each week.
- Unmeasured* // Simi Botic’s online barre membership program that celebrates every body with 25 and 45-minute barre videos. No equip required 🙂
- Imperfect Produce (<–$10 credit!) // get groceries delivered to your door! I order all sorts of produce, dairy products, snacks (hello dark choc covered pretzel pieces!!) from them and love it.
- Misfits Market (<– $10 off!) // same idea as Imperfect (maybe better?). It’s basically like a CSA box that you completely customize and can receive at whatever interval you want. I use both Misfits & Imperfect because I just love the mission so much!