December 30, 2019
New California Privacy Law: What’s It Mean For You?
What Does The 2020 California Privacy Law Mean For Me?
IMPORTANT: Have you heard about this new California privacy law (the California Consumer Privacy Act) that kicks into effect on January 1, 2020?
I know, I know…. We’ve all got GDPR PTSD. (WHOA, that’s a lot of acronyms.)
When the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came out in May 2018, the internet broke into a frenzy.
Online business owners scrambled around taking down their email collecting forms like a chaotic game of digital Whack-a-Mole. Everyone was terrified it meant the end of email list building as we know it.
Why did the GDPR throw even established entrepreneurs into panic mode?
Because people didn’t know what it meant, whether it applied to them, and how to comply in their own business.
I spent HOURS on Facebook Live teaching every business owner who would listen the simple, low-stress way to prep for the GDPR without losing their shirt (or getting hefty legal fines).
But I didn’t have a YouTube channel back then, so I couldn’t break it down the same way I’m going to break down this new California privacy law for online coaches and creatives today.
That’s right, this law is in the US, and it *could* affect coaches, consultants and creatives just like you, no matter where you live. It’s best for you to learn what it is and what it means, so whether it applies now or in the future, you’re ready.
New California Privacy Law
In my latest YouTube episode, I’ll teach you:
- What this new California law is all about and why it’s happening
- Whether it means anything for you as an online coach, creative or consultant.
- Most importantly, what you need to do about it, if anything at all.
No, burying your head in the sand and hoping it’ll go away isn’t an option, but depending on your situation you might not need to make very many changes at all!
You’ll have to watch the episode ?? to be sure though. ?
Tap ‘play’ below ??to get the 10 minute Cliff Notes and be sure you’re all set and in compliance come January 1, 2020!
If you have any questions about this new craziness, pop it into the comments below and I’ll be sure to get back to you ASAP!
Next Step: Watch my free legal workshop
If you’re ready to legally protect your business and have the legal knowledge you need to know what to do with difficult clients, watch my free workshop ‘5 Steps to Legally Protect & Grow Your Online Business’ right now by saving your seat here.
In that workshop, you’ll learn:
- How contracts can actually save your (vegan, GF) bacon — if you have the right one.
- What your website needs to be legally protected.
- How to keep copycats off your content.
- The mindset shift you’ve got to make if you want to actually grow your business without looking over your (online) shoulder.
- The only way to form your business so that you’re personally and professionally protected.
Ready to watch? Sign up for my free legal workshop right here:
So What Do you think?