Protect your website + your business with this instant-download, fill-in-the-blanks DIY Website Disclaimer template, so people know exactly what you do and, more importantly, what you don’t.
WHAT IS A LEGAL WEBSITE DISCLAIMER?
Basically, a website disclaimer goes on your website (usually as its own page in your footer) to let your visitors know who you are, what you do, and what you don’t do. You’ll address liability issues, what people should/shouldn’t do with the info they find on your site, and so much more. A website disclaimer sets the stage to protect you, your website, and your business practices online.
DO I NEED A WEBSITE DISCLAIMER?
A website disclaimer is important if you…
- Write about things like health, food, fitness, self-care/mental health, medicine, money, business, holistic health, & more
- Sell products or services on your site
- Are a coach & want to be clear about the fact that people need to check with their physician/accountant/lawyer before using your advice
- Want people to use their own judgment before buying your products/services or using one of your affiliate links
- Want to look professional & set clear expectations
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE LEGAL DISCLAIMER?
- DIY Website Disclaimer Template — One (1) downloadable, editable .docx file containing a detailed disclaimer with fill-in-the-blanks to make your own.
- How-To Video Tutorial — a video tutorial (that actually shows you the document while I talk!) where I walk you through what each paragraph means (in English, not legal language) & where you’ll need to make changes. You’ll be comfortable and confident to make the Disclaimer your own.
- Guidelines & Tips Guide — to let you know what to do with this document & how to make it your own.
- BONUS: you’ll receive my Super Simple Guide to Legally Protect Your Online Business to make sure you’re on the right track.
HOW DO I WRITE A DISCLAIMER FOR MY WEBSITE?
Got 15 minutes? Then you’ll have yourself a legal disclaimer. Here’s what you should do once you purchase:
- Read the Guidelines & Tips Guide first.
- Next, fill-in-the-blanks! Follow along in my video How-To Tutorial which shows you where you need to put in your info.
- Add your personal info and make any necessary changes based on how you run and operate your business + website.
- Upload it to your site! I’ll even tell you where to display it & what it could be labeled as.
WHO IS THIS WEBSITE DISCLAIMER FOR?
- Any business with a website that sells services or products
- Health coaches
- Online Creatives
- eCommerce Site Owners
- Entrepreneurs & more!
IMPORTANT: This document is a downloadable, customizable general template for you to make your own & to fit your business. Purchase of this or any other document from this Site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sam Vander Wielen. The documents, or anything on this Site, should not be construed as legal advice. You should have all documents you use or prepare reviewed by a local attorney to ensure they comply with State and local laws where you live and work. Sam Vander Wielen is licensed to practice law in New Jersey. Use of this Site, and purchase of any documents, are subject to these Terms & Conditions.
QUESTIONS? Email [email protected].
Legal Website Disclaimer FAQs
- Do I need legal knowledge to use this template? No, it’s designed for easy customization without legal expertise.
- Can I use this template for various types of businesses? Absolutely, it’s versatile for different coaching and consulting niches.
- What if I need to adjust the terms later? The template is fully editable to evolve with your business needs.
- Is this template suitable for online and in-person services? Yes, it’s crafted to cater to both modalities effectively.