Set the tone for your next speaking engagement and protect your business with this DIY Speaker Agreement template. Your speaker agreement will be ready to use in 15 minutes by following along with my video How-To Tutorial. You can even fill in the blanks as you watch!
WHAT IS A SPEAKER AGREEMENT?
A Speaker Agreement can be customized for a variety of uses. It can be used when…
- You’re speaking at an event
- You’ve hired someone else to speak at your event
- You’re hosting an event with someone else
In short, a Speaker Agreement is a contract (written agreement) you send to the person who… hired you to speak at their event, you’re hosting an event with, or you’ve hired to speak before the event occurs.
It sets out the terms of your agreement in writing so you’re able to try to enforce it, if/when needed. This Speaker Agreement template address issues like:
- Date and time of covered event
- Duration of presentation
- Materials used
- Contact protocols
- Payment terms
- What’s included in the speaking
- What’s not included in the speaking fee
- Cancellation policy
DO I NEED IT?
Do you want to make sure the company who hired you or the speaker you hired understand the terms of your speaking agreement? Do you want to be able to set the terms of your presentation so you get paid for your time or protect your business in case a speaker cancels at the last minute? Then yes!
A speaker agreement makes it super clear you can…
- Get paid by setting out payment terms
- Enforce your refund or cancellation policy, since it’s clearly spelled out in the agreement
- Protect yourself and your company with disclaimers and limitations on liability
- and so much more!
- DIY Speaker Contract Agreement Template – One (1) downloadable, editable, .docx file containing a detailed speaker contract agreement template with fill-in-the-blanks to make your own.
- How-To Video Tutorial – a video tutorial (screen share video of me walking you through the actual agreement itself) where I walk you through what each paragraph means (in English, not legal language) and where you’ll make changes. You’ll be confident and comfortable making the speaker contract your own.
- Guidelines & Tips Guide – to let you know what to do with the agreement and how to make it your own.
- BONUS: you’ll receive my Legally Legit checklist to make sure you’re on the right track.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO ONCE I PURCHASE THE TEMPLATE?
- Download the template
- Read the Guidelines & Tips Guide first
- Next, fill-in-the-blanks! Follow along with my How-To Video Tutorial, which shows you where you need to put in your info
- Read through the entire document and make any necessary changes based on how you run and operate your business and website
- Use it right away! You can start sending this document to the company or speaker right away!
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Any entrepreneur or business owner who hosts events or speaks at events in her business, but not limited to, hosting events with someone else, speaking at events, or hiring others to speak at events.
IMPORTANT: This document is a downloadable, customizable general template for you to make your own and fit to your business. Purchase of this or any other document from this Site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sam Vander Wielen. The documents, or anything on this Site, should not be construed as legal advice. You should have all documents you use or prepare reviewed by a local attorney to ensure they comply with State and local laws where you live and work. Sam Vander Wielen is licensed to practice law in New Jersey. Use of this Site, and purchase of any documents, are subject to these Terms and Conditions.
QUESTIONS? Email [email protected]