WHAT IS A PODCAST RELEASE FORM?
Basically, a podcast guest contract is a contract you send to your guests before they come on to your podcast. It sets out the terms of your agreement in writing so you’re able to try to enforce it, if/when needed. This DIY Podcast Guest Contract template addresses issues like:
- How much your guests get paid for appearing on your podcast (i.e., $0)
- Whether the guest has any input on the final product
- What happens to the copyright of your show
- Whether you’re liable if your guest says something or does something bad
- How guests can/can’t use your branding to promote their episode
- & so, so much more!
DO I NEED A CONTRACT FOR PODCAST GUESTS?
Do you want to make sure guests understand the terms of your podcast? And do you want to prevent guests from requesting payment, asking to review your final show, or from misusing your branding? Then yes! An podcast guest contract makes it super clear…
- Whether your guests get paid
- What you do (and what you expect guests to do) to promote the podcast
- How guests can use your branding & when they can’t
- & so much more!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THIS PODCAST CONTRACT?
- DIY Podcast Guest Contract template — One (1) instant-download, editable .docx file containing a detailed guest contract template with fill-in-the-blanks to make your own.
- How-To Video Tutorial — a video tutorial (a screen share video of me walking you through the actual contract itself) where I walk you through what each paragraph means (in English, not legal language) & where you’ll need to make changes. You’ll be comfortable and confident to make the DIY Podcast Guest Contract template your own.
- Guidelines & Tips Guide — to let you know what to do with this document & how to make it your own.
- BONUS: you’ll receive my Super Simple Guide to Legally Protect Your Online Business to make sure you’re on the right track.
TIME NEEDED TO SETUP YOUR RELEASE FORM
Got 15 minutes? Then you’ll have yourself a legal release form. Here’s what you should do once you purchase:
- Read the Guidelines & Tips Guide first.
- Next, fill-in-the-blanks! Follow along with my video How-To Tutorial, which shows you where you need to put in your info.
- Read through the entire document and make any necessary changes based on how you run and operate your business + website.
- Use it right away! You can start sending this document to your guests right away!
WHO IS THIS PODCAST RELEASE FORM FOR?
- Podcast Hosts
- Independent Podcast Producers
- Media Companies with Podcast Divisions
- Freelance Podcasters
- Corporate Communication Teams using Podcasts
IMPORTANT: This document is a downloadable, customizable general template for you to make your own & to fit your business. Purchase of this or any other document from this Site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sam Vander Wielen. The documents, or anything on this Site, should not be construed as legal advice. You should have all documents you use or prepare reviewed by a local attorney to ensure they comply with State and local laws where you live and work. Sam Vander Wielen is licensed to practice law in New Jersey and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Use of this Site, and purchase of any documents, are subject to these Terms & Conditions.
QUESTIONS? Email [email protected].
Podcast Guest Release Form FAQs
- Do I need legal knowledge to use this template? No, it’s designed for easy customization without legal expertise.
- What if I need to adjust the terms later? The template is fully editable to evolve with your business needs.
- Is this contract template customizable for different podcast genres? Yes, the template is versatile and can be tailored to suit various podcast genres, from business and health to education and storytelling.
- Can I use this contract for multiple guests across different episodes? Absolutely. The template is designed to be reusable and can be modified for different guests and episodes, saving time and ensuring consistency in your guest agreements.
- What should I do if a guest disagrees with the terms in the contract? Open communication is key. Discuss the concerns with the guest to see if a mutually agreeable modification can be made. If necessary, consult a legal professional for advice on adjusting the terms without compromising your podcast’s integrity and legal standing.