Hey friends! How’s it going? I hope you had a great weekend. I’m sneaking in April’s Coffee Talk post right before May breaks in (in case you missed it, March’s Coffee Talk is here). I don’t know about you, but May is my favorite month (even though fall is definitely my favorite season), so I’m really looking forward to welcoming warmer weather, sun, and time outside.
If you’re new around here, my monthly Coffee Talk posts are a way for us to catch up, share resources, and help you grow a business you love <3
So let’s get started!
1 // Plant-Based Recipe Favorites + Cooking for Entrepreneurs
One of the trickiest parts of being an entrepreneur has been figuring out my schedule or finding a routine.
Our schedules change every single day! No one day looks the same — and I don’t always have a place to be at a specific time. So some days, time gets away from me. I look up and it’s 6:30pm and I’m starving (more like #hangry).
So coming up with ways to cook simple, healthy meals has been key.
To say I’m obsessed with cooking is a bit of an understatement. It’s my passion, my hobby, and everything in between. I watch Food Network constantly, read cook books like they’re novels, and study as much as I can about food.
I used to look at cooking as an all-or-nothing type of thing: I either cooked an awesome, elaborate meal, or we went out to eat.
But that black or white thinking didn’t serve me anymore. For one, it was too expensive and it was blowing up my food budget. And two, food just doesn’t have to be that complicated.
So lately, I’ve been “studying” recipes so I can create my own, simpler formula. Kind of the like the way I make my smoothies (fat + protein + fiber + greens — done!), I’m creating recipe formulas that make it easier for me to throw together what I have on hand.
For example, once per week I’ve rotated in a pasta meal using this formula: pasta of choice + greens + sauce + veggies + plant-based protein (lentils, chickpeas, pine nuts, etc.).
But I’ve also been cooking my way through a few plant-based staples.
When it comes to cooking as a busy entrepreneur, I’m a huge fan of taking as many shortcuts as you need or want to. If you want to eat at home more often but find that the clean up is too much, there are too many steps, or just way too many shortcuts, adjust!
A lot of you have written to me on Instagram lately asking for the recipes I’m using to cook lately, so here are a few of my favorites:
- Lentil Bolognese pasta sauce // I make the sauce from this and serve it with zucchini noodles or pasta. I made a double batch last week and we ate it so many times!
- Quinoa + Veggie Enchilada bake // this is an awesome example of using the recipe as your foundation, and then just throwing in whatever you have on hand! I didn’t have zucchini (and it’s not really in season quite yet), so I used more peppers and onions. I also topped it with all the awesome Trader Joe’s toppings I had on hand – avocado, green onions, cilantro, roasted tomato salsa, etc. It made a HUGE batch and would be super easy to use for leftovers.
- Cauliflower stir-fry // I use whatever veggies I have on hand and buy the pre-shredded cauliflower rice at Trader Joe’s (<—- HUGE time and mess saver)
- Sweet Potato Spiced Chickpea Buddha Bowl // OMG. This is my favorite weeknight meal. This is the perfect example of a recipe where I just studied the “technique” or method (basically sheet pan roasting) and I use whatever veggies I’m craving, what’s on sale, or what I have on hand. I also use the tahina sauce recipe as the basis for SO many different dishes now! Definitely a keeper.
- Vegan Power Mac and Cheese // yes, please. Seriously, anything Alexis makes is amazing! And this came together SO quickly. You could also easily add more greens, different greens (what you have on hand), or more veggies in general. It was perfect just the way it is, too.
I hope some of these serve as inspiration for you! If you’re looking for any more, you can always contact me or leave a comment below with what you’re looking for. I’ll hook you up ; )
2 // Links I Love
How to find your passion as an adult. I feel like I could write about this topic forever!
7 audiobooks to help you boost your business + learn about money
Simi teaches us how to deal with a changing body on her blog
Paige guides us on how we can drink intuitively in this awesome post
I laughed out loud as these awkward restaurant moments (especially “listening enthusiastically to the specials” — so true!)
3 // New DIY Legal Templates!
There are a few new DIY Legal Templates this month floating around in the Shop!
The new DIY Group Program Contract template is for online entrepreneurs who run an online group program! You know — those 8-week, 3 month, etc. group programs where you might have coaching calls, an online portal, or release weekly materials. If you have any questions about whether it’s right for you, get in touch <3
And for all my social media managers out there, I’ve put up a new DIY Social Media Manager contract for you! This contract is also perfect for you if you’re an online coach or creative who’s hiring a social media manager! This is the contract you’d send to your social media manager when hiring : )
If you have any questions about whether either of these are right for you, get in touch ; )
4 // My Ultimate Bundle™ program
Did you miss it? I quietly launched my new program, the Ultimate Bundle™ — the one-stop-shop course for you to learn ALL the legal info you need to confidently + fearlessly run your online service-based business — to my waitlist last month.